Wildlife Photography: Grizzly Bear, Banff Alberta
Interesting facts about Grizzly Bear:
– Grizzly Bear cubs can climb trees when they are young. After few years they will lose this ability because of their long claws. Bear’s claw is long like human’s finger.
– The grizzly bear can run at 30 miles (48 kilometers) an hour
– Grizzly Bears are listed as a threatened species
– 95% of the Grizzly Bears who live past age 2 in North America die at the hands of humans from gunshot.
– Grizzly Bears are able to gain 11 to 23 kilograms (3 to 6 pounds) per day
– Pregnant Grizzly Bears even give birth in their sleep! Midwinter, grizzly bear cubs (usually born in pairs) arrive into the world blind, hairless, and toothless.
To find out more about Grizzlies: